Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Slow News Day, Round 2

Under my Mama Duv persona on www.rarebird.org, I've received 2 notes from friends who actually read newspapers and e-versions of such. The AP picked up the story, as I told the Blade reporter it would, and so far we've heard from Stark County Ohio and the Chicago Tribune (did ya pick up on the irony there?). Since I'm on that one-woman-campaign to get the Whitehouse Ohio Chamber of Commerce to realize they are sitting in the cat-bird's seat (get it. . . bird. . .), any and all notes from around the country and around the world who hear about our little Mt. Bluebird will be appreciated. I send the info on to the Village powers-that-be.

I haven't been over there since Sunday--had a 24 hour bug that affected every muscle and joint in my aged body, and spent yesterday catching up on the stuff I should have done Monday. The weather totally bites again this morning--weather people are using the wind chill numbers again. I'll go over and check in a few minutes.

In other birding news, I've lost my second pair of specs on birding trips in just the last 4 months. After wonderful lasik surgery 8 years ago, and cataract surgery 2 years ago, I'm back to wearing glasses to drive, watch the toob, and spot birds. Unfortunately, I can't wear my specs and use the bins or the spotting scope at the same time, so I take my specs off and put them on my head or hang them from my shirt collar. Or not apparently. So this is gunna cost me several hundred more dollars because A) the insurance isn't helping at all any more, and B) I went ahead and bit the bullet and picked out specs with bifocals so I won't be inclined to take them off to read, and also picked out a pair of prescription shades so I can at least see the bison and wolfies and bears oh my with out having to dig around looking for the right pair of glasses. By the by, I hate hate hate that I'm wearing glasses again. My nephew optometrist says my eyes are healthy for such an old lady and that this regression just shows I'm just young at heart, er eyes. Thanks, David, but I want perfect vision again!!!!

DD is counting the days till we leave. He figures we don't have to count the weekends. Say what?

No comments:

Post a Comment