Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mt. Bluebird News, still

After 2 days with no views of the wayward Mountain Bluebird in our park, it re-appeared in it's lovely blue glory today. On my way over to the site, I decided I'd write an article for the TNA (Toledo Naturalist Association) yearbook. I have to see when the new edition will come out. It's usually a mystery as to when, which makes it fun to receive.

The lady who first had the chutzpa to post it was there today. Nice, fun folks. She works at UT and the college PR folks are doing a story, too. I heard the AP article was in USAToday also. If someone sees a paper copy of that, I'd love to have it. Yesterday I found it in 15 different places. Nice how DH was "promoted" to retired park director.

On the home front, the boys are sharing my cold. Actually, DD had it first and I got it from him. Then I gave it to FTD. I thought he'd stay home today, but he dragged himself out of bed. Then when the bus arrived early (and trust me, 6:40 am is early and still way dark here in the big woods) and DD went hauling out the door yelling for FTD and slipped on the frost and went flying. He was bawling and he never cries. FTD got on the bus and DD came in and fell right back to sleep. He was so konked out that I thought maybe he hit his head, not just his arm, which is what he was crying about. So half an hour or so later, I get a call from FTD who says he's sick and can he come home. I took DD back and swapped him out for FTD. Never fails. The school secretaries got a real kick out of this. Yeah, hilarious. Sheesh.

And what excitement, I got the washer fixed today. And I found out that there are filters in the agitator colunm that should be cleaned occassionally. OMG. Totally completely gross. And I'm not easily grossed out, being here in Testorone hell. Now I know. I don't think I'll wait another 15 years to clean it out. . . . .

On the up side, I made a banner for DD's Train Club. DD has O gauge stuff and his "division" has a nice cloth banner. The HO division borrowed it and added their H, which looked ok. So I made the HO division their own banner today. Turned out waaaaay better than I thought it would. Dang easy, too. Now I have to get back to my regularly scheduled UFO list.

No comments:

Post a Comment