Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ranger Margaret Anderson Ebay Auction for Children (New pics 2/9/1

As you know, Ranger Margaret Anderson was fatally shot and killed in the line of duty on New Years Day, 2012.  Her friends, her Church, the National Park Foundation, and others have created a trust fund for the care of her two darling daughters, ages 2 and 4.

Next weekend, these same folks are sponsoring an Ebay auction site to help to continue to raise funds. I'll be donating a couple of small quilts.

Here's the link at ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/ranger-anderson?_rdc=1

Items will go up on February 14 and remain up until the 23rd of February.

You can also look at the FB page/event to show your support.

So I'll donate one of these:





The top quilt, as you may recall, is the motif that is on the Madison Historic Trailside Museum at Yellowstone National Park, now the Junior Ranger Station and Information Station.  It's an exact size copy of this:


Isn't is just the cutest thing?  I usually only make these for the super-coolest folks who have served at Madison Junction, but for Ranger Eric and his little girls, I'll donate one.


And here's the new one:


Arrowhead Quilted Wall Hanging 






So mark your calendar and get your PayPal ready!  I've also seen a few of the other items that are being auctioned.... the really, really cool stuff!

5 comments:

  1. So very thoughtful of you to donate these gorgeous quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely items, I hope the ebay auction is a successful fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is an awesome idea--I hope lots of money is raised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try and participate "Ranger Anna" I'm sure I have SOMETHING round here to donate and if that doesn't work out right, I'll be bidding~ Blessings~ Granny Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wall hanging is beautiful and I love the inspiration. Such a wonderful donation for a great cause. I also love the Arrowhead wall hanging. What beautiful work! There is inspiration everywhere!

    Thanks for sharing.

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete