Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Charity Quilting Time

I posted a while ago about the Ebay auction for Ranger Margaret Anderson's children.  I did get my quilt done, and the auction is now up and running.  They had a few glitches with travel certificates, apparently Ebay staff wants a bigger piece of that action or something, but all is good now.

And, since we're such good friends and all, and since I've just gotta tell somebody else, my Madison Junction Tree quilt is now up to $51.00.  I prayed and prayed it would go for at least that, and if it didn't I would buy it back for at least $50.  Whew.  But here's the news that brought me to tears last night.  My arrowhead quilt is up to $200.  I was in my crafty corner in the basement when I saw that, and couldn't catch my breath.  There's no way in hell it's worth that, so I'm making a pillow and some mug rugs to go with it.  Sorry for the hubris here, but holyshit.  Just thinking about it makes me weepy in an odd way.  Happy weepy that so much money is going to the Trust Fund, and also happy weepy that well, just because.  Also sad weepy that we have to be involved in such an activity.  I would much rather have made something for a birthday or anniversary or something.

Now back to the real world.

Anybody get engaged for Valentine's Day?  Need a minister?  Call me!  I'm all good to go.  Even bought a nice new, dressy black suit.  For me to spend any quality time in a department store is a Big Deal.  Not a shopper. . . .  but I like how it looks.  Anywho, it's been interesting having discussions about marriage and weddings.  I'm a believer in it myself.  Marriage, that is. Damn hardest job I've ever had, and also the most rewarding.




What the hell was I thinking when I bought iron on quilt batting?  Yuck.  Sadly, I have 2 queen size (I think) rolls of it.  I'll use it up for mug rugs and stuff, but blah.  Back to Warm and Natural for me!

Next up, the invites for All Things Danny Day are out.  It'll be Sunday March 11.  And of course, YOU are invited!  Oddly, he didn't want to invite any of the kids from his class.  He's all about grown-ups.  I think he's figured out that most of them have the skills to figure out what he's talking about, whereas kids, especially other kids with special needs, don't get him.  More about this later, speaking of rites of passage.


We finally got some snow--including a whole one and a half inches for Winterfest!  We only had half as many participants this year, but it was also a whopping 15-20 degrees with 10 to 20 mph winds.  I wasn't able to get any pics, but when I do, I'll share them.

Last up for random stuff, I'm boldly going where I've never gone before.  Sorta.  I'm going to put colored, yes colored paint on the dining room walls!  When we built the house, we had everything done in an nice white.  Crisp and clean.  And that meant we could put crap all over in various colors and it all worked.  So now I'm trying something new.  Actually, we painted FTD's room in 2 shades of green, and the master bath has 2 pale shades of yellow, green, and blue all blended in.  But the yellow we picked for the dining room is bold and warm.  Sheesh.  And we're gunna pay to have it done.  None of that being on 17 foot tall scaffolding for us anymore.  DH didn't even argue the point.  Well, he did, but only because he's programed to say it.  I just looked at him and grinned.  Silly old man.

Let's see... he can be outside playing with my chain saw or inside painting.... no contest there.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilts, wonderful cause!

    And the arrow head quilt is definitely worth at least $200!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that quilt is worth every bit of at least $200! Don't sell yourself short!! I have seen pictures of some of your work and they are awesome! My hubby has also officiated at some weddings and I have taken lots of pictures for people. Now he has gotten too shy and won't do weddings anymore but I enjoyed the joy and happiness of each couple I met!

    ReplyDelete