Sunday, February 19, 2012

Done! FTD's Log Cabin Quilt!

Check it off the WIP list!

The only thing left to do on FTD's log cabin quilt was the binding....  "just the binding."  How many quilters have these creatures sitting around because they "just need the binding."  Sheesh.

I asked my friend Lindy to come over and help feed the dang huge thing thru my machine.  DH has helped in the past, but he has all sorts of 'suggestions' on how I could do it better.   Since he retired 10 years ago, he's had all sorts of ideas on how I could do things better.  Pretty tired of it, I gotta admit.  Anywho, I asked Lindy if she had some free time and we had a wonderful afternoon catching up and sewing. And I totally missed that this was Friday Night Sew In day--we had an afternoon Sew In!

Did you know that having an extra set of hands makes mitering your corners easier?  And I got sooooo lucky when the binding fit perfectly at the end.  And it only took me one try to get it right!

So I sewed the binding to the front, pressed it flat and then also machine sewed it on the back.  There's no way you'll catch me hand sewing a binding.  Nope, not gunna happen.  (Ergo, I'll never be entering any quilts in contests....)

After all the heart and soul I put into this quilt, I'm very, very content now, knowing that it's on FTD's bed and will keep him snuggy warm for years to come.

7 comments:

  1. IT looks really awesome...you did a super job--I love the color scheme you used too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous, and no doubt it will keep FTD warm with all the love you put into it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics & colors, fantastic block arrangement, wonderful quilt! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much easier to get help, and not be told what to do.

    Turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is quite the story I read the whole thing..what a sweet lady ...and yes don't we all have the unfinished project..lol
    It is a beauty ..like Sondra said love the colors!!
    Nice job !!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very nice, and goes so well with that bed.

    ReplyDelete