Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Cyber New Year!

When Gaelyn said, "I'm having a cyber masquerade ball for the new year, I signed up.  But as usual, life gets in the way of a great party!  But wait!  Tomorrow's a state holiday, so we'll party tonight!

I already had dibs on the National Building Museum in Washington DC.  For a girl who lives in the Big Woods, I must say I love cities--in small doses.  So here we go:


The Venue: The National Building Museum in DC.  (I've actually been there, for the 50th Anniversary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation Gala and workshops.  Wow.  Really, really wow.)
Stealing a photo makes it blurry.  But that might be champagne induced...

The official Presidential Inaugural Balls are held here.  So I should throw a party, too.

The Dress:
I've searched long and hard for the dress I want.... saw it years ago in a catalog~~gorgeous red polar fleece with white trim, worn of course with Sorrel boots.  Okay, I've got the boots.....

Add a little bling to this one....

Make a grown up version of this.....
or a nice vintage dress from etsy.... I'm an old fashioned kind of girl

 The Guest List:  First and foremost and most importantly...  All of YOU!!! We'll invite some lesser folks, too...

My Queen peep... in red of course.  Probably called 'claret' in her case.




Eye Candy.  Still. 
Still the best eye candy around.  Whew.  And you all know what every good Scotsman wears under his kilt? Shoes.

A funny guy from the Midwest....

Favoritest author... and NPS peep, Nevada Barr.

Okay, President Lincoln probably can't make it, but my Boss could.

President Roosevelt and Mr. Muir.  Wouldn't that be just bully?
Sir Paul teamed up with.....

Tom Paxton, the greatest singer/songwriter evah.

And the Divine Miss M!!!!!!!  Let the games begin!!!! Woot!


The Dinner:  Hey, deal with it, it's my fantasy!
Ginger Bread Martinis.  You haven't tried one?  Silly you.


Start with French Onion Soup... or even Italian Onion Soup.
Filet Mignon  ....  be still my cholesterol choked heart.
The taste of summer.... corn on the cob from Ryan's Farm in Whitehouse Ohio.  None better.


Dutch Apple Pie... my recipe of course.

Wilcoxson's Montana made Moose Tracks.  Many have tried to make this, but it ain't the same.

Madison Salmon Fly Rye.  Good beer.



Whew.  I'm whipped.  But it was a fun party.  Or at least that's what they tell me..... maybe a few too many Gingerbread martinis......

Thanks for the invite, Ranger G!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your dress, but your taste in men in WAY Good! Haven't tried a pumpkin martini yet so I shan't laugh. It was a wonderful ball and I danced all night.

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete