Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quadruple Dose of Autism

Whoa.  Just when I think it's safe to go back.... I've had enough time to cruise my blogroll (which I don't in the summer) and found a couple of interesting articles.  Well, the first is from FB...one of my grand-nephews has autism, along with a co-morbid thing called PANDAS.  Holy crap.  My niece is sick and her son's symptoms worsened at the same time.  Been there done that, doing that today.  Fortunately, my son can take care of himself with his demon-o'-the-day, but I had to pick him up early from school.  So since we've been back he's managed to go to school for one whole day and 2 half days.  Sheesh.

The other was an article from a fun crafty blogger (how can you not love a blog called "Crap I've Made"?)  One of her sons has Aspergers, which is one of the forms of autism.  She noted that getting family pictures is a challenge.  I've been able to get pictures, which is a blessing.  The weird thing in our house is that neither of the boys will look in a mirror.  Scares the hell outta me, too, but for entirely different reasons.  At least I have reasons (Okay, it's those crows feet.  Or as I prefer to call them, laugh lines.  I must laugh a lot.....)

So here are some of my fav's of the boys: (And Char, you'll get pics like this, too--hang in there!)
FTD at the zoo.  I managed to get him to uncover his ears.  Still does this today. Oh, and FTD is the one in the shirt, even tho he's hairier than the sloth bear behind of him.

FTD the First Class Scout.  I used this pic to make postage stamps for his Eagle Scout Ceremony invites.



DD the baker.  He used to watch Bobby Flay all the time.  He still tries to cook, but the reading crap gets in the way.

DD's "Senior" Picture.  Unbelievable on so many levels.  First of all, he dressed up for Geezer Day during Spirit Week. Second, that he went through with it.  Third, that he let someone take his picture. Fourth, he was really thrilled that they put this in the year book.  Holy photos, Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment