Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Young Men

One day it just seems to happen.  My baby boys are young men.  I tried and tried to keep it from happening, but it happened anyway.  Okay, it didn't happen the same way as it did for most folks but they are adult size afterall.

So I dropped a bundle on full size mattress sets for each of them.  They've been using twin beds all this time, and if they were in college they'd still be cramming themselves into twin beds, but since they both sleep like the flying Wallendas, full size beds it is.

The mattresses arrived today. We had already purchased a very nice log bed frame for FTD about a year ago, and repainted and carpeted his room.  DD, however, is pickier and changes his mind minute by minute so coming up with something new for his room that doesn't make me wanna puke is going to be tricky.

Currently, it's painted in Amtrak colors--grey on the bottom with a RWB stripe.  The carpet is the original heavy duty very flat industrial strength stuff we put in his room when we built the house.  It's blue with specks, and still looks fine.  It's not traditional BR carpeting though, but it can take a beating.  Since it's flat they could run all their little matchbox cars and other toys all over it. 


Train stuff going on here.
Book cases for valuable treasures.
Desk made by Uncle D for computer and games. It's now shiny black. 
DD's old, old bed.  He jumped on this and broke the frame and box springs, so he got FTD's old bed and FTD got a nice new one.  Old bed, the one that left today, is painted black to match the game desk.  DD's into black.
Since I bought the mattress sets, there's no money for new carpeting, so he'll just have to deal with it. Buying new mattresses also meant getting new sheets and pads, so I got them each one flannel set and one regular cotton.  I caved and got DD black sheets . . . we'll see how this works out.  For FTD, I got dark brown sheets.

At the moment, DD's new set is on the floor, while we search for the perfect and indestructible frame for him. And he's had this store bought quilt for several years, and until I get his Hobo quilt done, this will do nicely.

And I'm still wondering when my little boys got big enough for grown up beds.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Even they can't stop time. I'll bet they're enjoying this.

    ReplyDelete