Saturday, February 26, 2011

Train Club Quilt~~Done!


I did it! I put a binding on a quilt, and it doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out with the seam ripper! Woo hoo! I did Aubrey's quilt a couple of weeks ago, and that turned out okay, but this one actually looks pretty darn good!

Why, you ask? I frantically spent the entire morning looking for tutorials on-line for ways to machine bind a quilt. It just wasn't working for me. Then I found Crazy Short Cut Quilts! Hooray! With a couple of great hints, it was like sewing magic. So here's the practice version, complete with spiral machine quilting and will you look at that point on the star! Freakin' awesome! I also made 6 smaller versions of that block for another quilt and one of the 6 is perfect. Sweet. (Yeah, I found some tuts on half square triangles, too.)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! I am so glad you figured it out. Your quilt looks great. I am off now to watch the tutorial, maybe I will be able to master machine binding after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranger Anna! The Train Club Quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I enjoyed the info on the Kind Lady lives here of hobo folklore. Love the Mug Rug with a cat, and coming from the Mythicbells Persians and The Sisters Barr websites you can probably imagine why. The video of the binding was a treasure~and your center point is magnificent~ Well Done! Keep up the good work,
    Blessings One and All,
    JAFO, Granny Nanny or just Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am VERY impressed with the points of the star!!! And thanks for the info on the binding tutorial... very helpful!

    ReplyDelete