Sunday, February 20, 2011

How I Spent Friday and Saturday....

... decorating and then de-decorating for DH's Rotary Dinner. Gotta show off here. Hubris is my middle name.

All most all of the stuff here came from my stash. Hurricane lamps came from another guy; glittery wreaths were from BadAmy's wedding; mirrors, ribbons, chargers, ornaments from the after-holiday sales with coupons (score!); and the candlesticks are mostly from the Goodwill. Trust me, this was cheap. I bought the material with my 50% off one item coupon at JoAnn's so I own that now, too. I told the girls that helped to decorate to just make the stuff cute. They were all different but all the same since we had to use the hurricane lamps. The other thing that worked really, really well was to use double stick tape on top of the candlesticks~~it's just enough hold the votives on top. And only one slipped--I was keeping an eye on them all night.

So here's a sampling, before dinner and in the evening.

1 comment: