Monday, January 24, 2011

FTD's Quilt, Almost Done!


Woot! I got all the blocks on FTD's quilt put together. It took me longer to straighten them all out than to sew them together, which probably means I didn't spend enough time cutting neatly the first time,* then watching my seams more carefully as I sewed. Oh well, it's not like these are going to quilt shows or anything.

It's a little more Christmas-y than I envisioned, but using the traditional red center, for the hearth of the log cabin, and green logs, welllll..... what did I expect?

I've got pine bough and pine cone fabrics to add sashings around it. That should go fairly quickly~~at least as quickly as I can shoving that much material around. I did see a video of a quilt/sewing table a gal made using stryofoam and heavy duty vinyl sheets. . . hmmmmm. . .

The hues of the darkest of the three darks actually has a lot of black in it, so those are much more pronounced than the others, but that just adds another dimension to it.

All in all, so far I'm really pleased. And FTD said, "Cool." High praise indeed!

* I need that Vagabond Sizzix--it will probably be the first thing I order after I go back to work and get the traveling expenses paid off. I'll order mine from ihaveanotion.blogspot.com!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks great! I love the way you set the blocks to have a secondary pattern emerge. And if your son decides he doesn't like it after all, just send it to me :) I would even quilt it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love that quilt! I don't think it looks Christmas-y at all -- I was thinking more forest-y! The colors blend beautifully. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete