Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Me--A Girl Scout for 50

50 years that is.

My sister and I ventured into my attic today.  All of my Mom's 10,000 photos are stored here.  When Mom and Dad died, we didn't have the emotional strength to pitch the pics or go through them either.  They're kinda organized, pics on those shelves, slides (literally thousands of them) on those shelves, other ephemera over there.....

Sis has been doing family history on Ancestry and has found all sorts of completely useless stuff.  She hasn't been able to find out much about our Dad's father.  We've always known his background was sketchy and it just keeps getting sketchier.... oh well.

But I went up looking for our old Girl Scout stuff.  I found my badge sash---my over-achiever even as a little kid--sash.  I don't have my uniform which actually saddens me.  I have 2 Brownie uniforms, one of which was probably my sister's. I also have my Mom's adult leader dress, and I'd give my eye teeth to be able to fit into it!

Origianal pic by my Mom, and the article from the Sentinel-Tribune paper, where Mom was a reporter. My sis on the left.

My Junior Troop, DeVeaux Elementary School, Toledo OH, 1965

More from my Junior Troop, 1965
On the left--my Dad singing songs for us at a sleepover at my house.

Camp cooking in the vacant lot next to our house.  

On right, my Sis and Me--I'm the dorky looking Junior......


2 comments:

  1. Hope your getting those photos digitized. I know it's a lot of work, been there.

    I still have my GS pin and pocket knife, alas no over-achiever sash. Must be a prereq for being a Park Ranger.

    Plus I have my Mom's Campfire Girls ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool you found your GS stuff... I don't have a uniform either but still have my badge sash and books.

    ReplyDelete