Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lights, Threadbanger, Action!

Pics will follow someday----after I find the camera upload cord which has gone walkabout.  Sheesh. 


Yea!  DH got the lights up in the Crafty Corner, helped me up the 'ceiling' back up, sorta put his tools away, and I re-organized the sewing crafty crap and Viola!  I actually got to sew tonight.

I think I might also be in hyper-drive.  Which I will regret tomorrow.


I took a good look at my Crafty Corner, trying to figure out what wasn't quite right about it.  My sewing area is fine, even though it took me a while to remember where all the stuff goes--between moving it all to put the lights up, and putting stuff away that I took out west, I really had to put my puny grey cells to work.  Arg.

And then it dawned on me.  My Crafty Table, a great find at the Habitat Re-Store was way over there, not over here.  So I conned DD (who was home sick today, after being off for conferences for 5, count 'em, 5 days) into helping me move the old oak Sunday School table that-a-way, and then the chairs and love seat from hell with it, followed by moving the Crafty Table closer to the sewing area.  Wow.  Makes a whole heck of a lot more sense.

One of the local libraries is having 2 fund-raisers this weekend, which involves folks from the community each decorating a dinner table for 8.  I'm calling mine "My Yellowstone Cabin."  Very funny since we don't have a cabin, and never in a million years would I be able to set the table nicely.  Anywho.  I had already made napkins out of red ticking, but only had 6.... I need 8.  So back to the store I go for fabric, and now I have 8 in one size and 6 in the other.  Cute.  (My Mom hated ticking.  Only the poor people had to use ticking.)  I just made squares, then fringed the edges.  So lazy am I that I even used the selvages for one side.

Then I made 6 more bags for DD's trains.  I found (dirt cheap) really cool pre-quilted train fabric.  I used black store bought bias tape around the top edges and then just folded them over for the bags.  Way too easy.  And really helpful when we're moving trains from place to place.

Hmmm, then I made patches for a project I heard about from the Impera Magna Herself.  It's called 4Patches4Hope.  Easy breezy 4 patches.  I got a fat quarters of red, white, and blue, and presto-bingo 49 patches done.  Okay, that took a couple of hours, but still, pretty darn quick.

Next week's project~~another cool thing that the Impera Magna found--quilty doll quilts for charity.  So cute!  I won't get back to the threadbanger until next week likely, but I can start plotting the doll quilts now.  Then I'll be settled into my groove, and will get serious and finish up some other special projects--especially B&L's quilt.  

And since we're having nutty wacky warm weather, I worked on putting lights outside so I can see the boys standing outside at 6:dark:30 waiting for the bus.  I use Christmas lights and checked them before sticking them up.  They hate me.  A section in the middle is now out. Crap.

I'm whipped, but in a good way.  Yea!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! Glad to hear your Crafty Corner is fully operational and know you'll be having some big fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so much easier to get motivated and work when your space is Just Right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you are whipped, glad it is in a good way though. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I couldn't reply back because your e-mail came up as "no-reply". I use a handiquilter 16 to quilt my tops. Having the frame makes quilting so much easier, and 16 inches seems to be enough space for most things.

    ReplyDelete