Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sewing Blitz Day 2. . . or is it 3?

Sewing things are going swimmingly so far. FTD was at BS camp, DH went to the home show, so I only had DD pestering me. And he watched a couple of races on the tube, so he was only partly annoying.

I've got the inside covers for Amy's couch done. Being cheap and Scottish meant I kept putting smaller and smaller pieces of fabric together for the tops and bottoms. They look awful, but they don't show so who cares!!!

To reward myself for a job well done, I worked on something I've been planning since last summer. The building where I work, the Madison Information Station was built in the 1920s and is what we call Parkatecture. Native lodge pole pines and locally quarried granite-rhyolite. It's a beauty in a beautiful location.

There are reverse carved pine trees all along the edge of the building. Last summer I asked Ranger Doug (who's 6'4" tall--yep, a full 14" taller than yours truly) to make a rubbing for me, and I took several photos. For my sewing project, I made a reverse applique of the tree using park service brown and green. For the border I had left over stuff from another project, so I re-purposed it for this. I love it.


Now back to those cushions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment