Saturday, March 31, 2012

Quilting Down the Home Stretch

As I mentioned in my last post, I've gotta get my buns in gear and finish up my BOM blocks.  I was half a month behind, and had I not worked like a fiend today, I would end up being a month and a half behind tomorrow!  (What an idiotic sentence.)  These are from the free BOM Craftsy class.  I'm trying to only use the Christmas stash that I own.  Fail.  I bought a couple of new slabs 'o' fabric last week at the shop hop.  My bad.   Some are with the cream background and some are with white backgrounds.   (I just uploaded the pics and they aren't behaving.... I got a note that said I'm out of picasa space and I need to buy more.  Is this why so many of you have switched to other providers???)


Feb Block #1a HSTs, Finished last Feb.....
Feb Block #1b, same fabric, different placement.  I don't actually like the way these fabrics look in these blocks. Done with whites.  Meh.
Feb Blocks 2, Chunky Chevron, done with creams. Pretty nice. HSTs the regular way.

March Blocks, Foundation pieced strings, creams. Pretty fun.  Still didn't match up on the cream diamond, but not awful.

March Blocks, Foundation piece strings, called Modified something, with whites.  Very busy and very not properly matched.  Arg.  Remind me not to sew when I'm tired.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, how do you see that stuff. Very busy to look at.

    Guess you'll be heading to YELL soon. I have another two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a huge fight with misbehaving pictures as well, and I am definitely not out of Picasa space. I finally had to mess around in the HTML tab... no idea what I was doing but somehow I managed to get it the way I wanted it.

    Isn't it amazing what you can do with "just" HST? Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo.... very pretty with the holiday fabrics... I esp like that Feb block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to use what you have but also good to have some new too! Looks Like you put a lot of WORK in it too! I use Flickr for most of my photos...Google only allows a certain amount of storage space for photos in Picasa, but Im not certain how much!!

    ReplyDelete